Va-Va-Va-Voom! ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Tuesday, June 2

Va-Va-Va-Voom!



These images are by Guess for V Magazine, and in typical Guess fashion, the shoot appears very Brigitte Bardot-inspired.
From the days of Claudia Schiffer as the Guess girl to today, the ad campaign is immediately recognizable. Typically a sex-kitten gal with the tousled bedroom hair and Bardot eye makeup appear in the images. Some years have been better than others, and we just love this one. Our favorite look is the seamed fishnet stockings with the black panties - ooh la la!Here's a picture from the Claudia Schiffer Guess campaign for our younger blog visitors who might not remember it!

31 fabulous comments:

Averill said...

Ah, memories.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Divine!

Ash Fox said...

sooo gorgeous. i wonder who that model is.
x
www.tittees.blogspot.com

Lyndsy said...

I loved the Guess campaigns! I use to cut them out of the mags and post them on my wall when I was in 7th grade. Great flashback!

TheBeautyFile said...

Those stocking are so h-o-t! I love her hair...and covet it!

FrenchBlue said...

Wow! Inspriational! What about those panties with the pink rose? Do you have anymore at the shop?
XO's

Denise@Swelle said...

I remember well...Claudia Schiffer was just starting out, and this was back when being a Guess girl actually meant something!

Lovely blog you have! xx

miriam said...

beautiful images!

Aline said...

they are so gorgeous!

Angela said...

she is a looker uh...

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

I prefer the older guess campaigns to the new ones.

Unknown said...

I definitely remember, and such a memorable image of her. This look will always be an inspiration for sure.

Anonymous said...

i love how its bardot-inspired, so delicate and so sexy

xoxo
neira

http://missneira.com

Unknown said...

thank you - we always loved the claudia schiffer Guess ads, so it was fun doing this post...maybe more of her in the future!

French Blue - we do have the panties with the rose on the back...they're on our website by Strumpet & Pink. www.fairefroufrou.com.

xox

Virginia de la Reynares said...

Wow, love these images!!! Usually not a fan of Guess, but these are done quite well.

London Darling said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. Your Blog is fabulous. Just checked it out and will follow. Love, love love it. xoxo

hkShoeGeek said...

I never thought lingerie could be the subject of an entire blog, but I see I was very wrong, because all your posts are delightful and ever so desirable. I'm drooling (and the bf will be too, soon...). Side note, thanks for visiting our blog!

stylefrontier said...

i always love ad campaign and this one is gorgeous!

Kellie Collis said...

Incredibly beautiful ,stylish and sexy. Gorgeous post

Carmen said...

Love the pictures =] Thanks for visiting my blog.

xoxo

Margot said...

Wow! A lingerie blog! Love it!
And also loved this post...my favourite is the first picture, because I love Vichy pattern.

Thanks for passing by and congratulations for this blog...I'm gonna keep reading now.

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous! Love those gingham knickers!

xoxox,
CC

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Claudia's figure is just not right. A freak of nature I say. OK, she's not but, I am feeling like I am!! Tee.. hee...

hkFashionGeek said...

Thanks for visiting HK Fashion Geek! We love hearing back from our readers and it's really interesting to read other people's blogs too! The seamed fishnet stockings with the black panties are definitely va va voom!

Miss G* said...

So glamorous!
xo.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous ads! Bardot is a classic sex symbol--you can't go wrong with drawing inspiration from her. :)

Anonymous said...

Is it Caroline W? I love this !
I'm maybe too young but I do know that C.S. ads... it has really made the history of fashion-advertising !

Mélanie said...

Guess models have a special look . I guess Marciano was in love with BB

Jennie Bee said...

She is so Gorgous. love the vintage look.

Lila Sweetheart said...

I love her hair in this!

Anonymous said...

The model is swedish caroline winberg