Mlle. Frou-Frou's Boudoir!! ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Monday, June 15

Mlle. Frou-Frou's Boudoir!!

My (Alison's) newly painted white bedroom floors...it took me 3 days to prep, sand and paint it. Love the results, even though I now have to obsessively clean it! I thought photographing the seersucker shoes would be a fun way of showing the floor.
Crystal perfume bottles on my book cabinet. In the background is my new grey/white Cath Kidston wallpaper, which I also installed myself (never thought I could put up wallpaper!).
Pillow shams (and matching chair fabric) from Rubie Green.Some of my favorite pink bras. I think I have over 90 designer bras in my collection...not bad for owning a lingerie boutique! Bras shown here (top to bottom): Damaris, Mimi Holliday, ID Sarrieri, Fleur T.
A pair of Christian Louboutin heels on my book case. I haven't worn these shoes yet...so in the meantime, they make a cute display piece! Plus, I'm a shoe lover (what woman isn't?).
Satin-tufted headboard and Rubie Green bedding and Martha Stewart bedding (hard to tell).
My Made by Girl LOVE poster above my Wisteria mirrored dresser (that I love). Chair from Calypso Home covered in Rubie Green upholstery. Crystal lamp and silver clock from Restoration Hardware. On the opposite wall, a framed vintage Cadolle advertisement.
A vignette on my desk: a pretty card, an old framed polaroid of my Grandparents, and a framed antique perfume bottle label (thanks to my mom for framing it!).

My desk where all the blogging action happens! Mac computer and peonies are most prominently shown...and above the desk is a Le Frou-Frou framed print that I got as a gift 15 years ago (it must have inspired the name of the store!). Also notice the Ghost Armchair...which is surprisingly comfortable!
My Louis Ghost Armchair (which looks extra ghostly here) on a sheepskin rug next to my favorite mirror table from Grace Home Furnishings. On top of the table are a bottle of Laduree champagne and an Ellen von Unwerth photo book. On the wall, a Rene Gruau framed print.
The base of the etched mercury glass & acrylic lamp on my dresser (which is not fully shown). Lamp from Pom Pom Interiors, but is also sold on the Neiman Marcus website.
A view of one of my bra drawers! In the background is a ceramic stool that I use as a nightstand.
Another framed antique perfume bottle label from France.
A collection of lovely things. 3 glass balls (from ABC Carpet & Home), mercury glass accents and a hobnail vase (that I took from my mom!).

My 'chinoiserie' book cabinet that I painstakingly put together. It only came in black, so I had to sand it, paint it and assemble it over a period of 2 weeks. I then lined the back of the cabinet with leftover wallpaper. I have so many books that I love, so it's a nice way to show some of them.
Even Chickie got in on the makeover action, getting a new fluffy pink bed from Maxwell Dog (that she loves)!

UPDATE: Faire Frou Frou was sold to new owners in January 2015. This post is about Alison Rubke, the former owner & co-founder of Faire Frou Frou.

So many customers enter Faire Frou Frou and ask if my room looks like the store, and I suppose that in a way, it does! At least in terms of the pink!
It's unusual to write a post firsthand, but this is about my (Alison, aka Mlle. Frou-Frou's) room. In a couple of weeks we will also show Madame Frou-Frou (my mom, Gail's) room makeover.
In any event, I am pleased to show the end result of several months work on my 'boudoir'. I love doing home projects, so it was actually kind of fun painting, wallpapering and assembling the new furniture...or at least fun in hindsight. I also wanted to show a bit of my lingerie collection, since the running joke is that I own everything in the store. What can I say, I like what we carry!
I tried to give credit on most of the major pieces as well as links on where to buy.
I hope you enjoy this post!!
xox Alison

119 fabulous comments:

leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

every pic is like a big fluffy pouf!!
soooooo pretty, and da baby!!!!!
too cute!!

Maria Confer said...

Love your blog. The elegant girlishness is wonderful.

P.S. Thanks so much for your sweet comment.

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

You did a fabulous, frou frou job! Love your little blogging corner and the framed perfume labels. Thanks for sharing....going to go clean my closet now!!

TTI said...

What a pretty, feminine room!

FrenchBlue said...

Oh Gosh~~
So pretty! Now i have go buy that mirrored piece I'v been looking at and i think I'll stay home and organize my drawers today~
xox's

Penny Lane said...

i loved it! everything is perfect!! i would love going to your store, just to see the design :D
your dog is such a cute thing"!
maybe the room is too pink for me, but the shoes would make me forget that fact ♥

Have a nice day =)!

PL ♥

Unknown said...

AHH I LOVE YOUR ROOM! it's so pretty and the floors look excellent! your bras are pretty too :P
how'd you get the idea to paint the floors white?
http://xazddesign.com

Julia said...

This is the most fabulous set of rooms! All the pink and soft peaches are making me swoon. I want to pull all of these shots into my inspiration folder so when I get a chance to redo my own, I'll know just what perfection looks like!

Beach House Dreamer said...

The floor looks very chic!

Averill said...

Alison, I love this room! It's gorgeous, feminine, sophisticated and a whole lot of fun. This is exactly what I imagined Mlle. Frou-Frou's bedroom -- or really, boudoir, would've looked like.

Aline said...

It is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your home...quite inspiring!!!

ana said...

You have the most gorgeous blog!!! thank you very much for your comment in my blog! I will be seeing yours
have a nice week

Anonymous said...

So girly... delightful and delicious !!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Just Frou Frou FABULOUS!!! So soft and feminine with a touch of glam. I adore it all!!!! Oh... what a lovely location to blog from with peonies at your side. VERY impressed with your wallpapering, sanding and painting. You go girl! I want to see more of that gorg home of yours...
xo's,
Christina

Stacie said...

Oh Alison! It's absolutely divine! You did an amazing job with this room!

The Village Idiot said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice little comment. Your blog is great! The images are beautiful!!! Wish i lived close anough to come check your Boutique out!
xoxo

lipsticklondoner said...

so cuteee! love everything!!

Unknown said...

So pretty Alison! xx

layersofmeaning said...

Gorgeous!
I'm posting these picture on my blog tomorrow. Please stop by to check it out!

Virginia de la Reynares said...

I want you to makeover my room!
Everything is so lovely, and your little pupppy is adorable!
Also, I'm incredibly envious of your designer lingerie collection... QUITE.
xoxox

Ms. Jenn said...

Oh! I have that book (Elegance). How lovely!

NutriGirl said...

This is a DREAM........ Wow....

Sherin said...

Everything is so beautiful. You officially have my dream room.

franki durbin said...

I've never been so proud of one of my blog sisters. AMEN, honey. And I've got a retail background as well...so my drawers and closets suffer from "shop" syndrome as well. I color block items, I arrange them prettily like they are on display etc.

but your boudoir is GORGEOUS. Do enjoy!

Annie Crowninshield said...

I loved this post! And your room... and now your blog. My eyes are burning from all the pretty - I dont think I blinked until I got to the end. I was telling my husband just this morning that a 31 year old woman such as myself needs to get it together in the bra dept. Its a s if you heard my prayers. I will be in to the shop!

Thanks for popping by my blog today. Info for the store is;
www.empiricstudio.com
www.empiricstudio.blogspot.com

xox

Awesome Sara said...

ooo, that pink shade is amazing!!! i want to paint everything that color!!

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

I love what you did with the room. Very beautiful.

Unknown said...

woooww is your dog??? I want one similar, woooww love him!!

DS said...

Oh my so much pretty pink, and frou frou indeed ;)

Loved every bit of it, an awesome way to end a crazy day.

AshleyL. said...

OH MY GOSH! This is so chic! I love it!!!!! :)

Miss G* said...

You bra drawers is beautiful, I would love to have one like that. Your home is so lovely, it's like a dream! But I'm not sure my boyfriend would be agree to live in a pink home haha!
It's really beautiful!
Bises.

vapaus said...

I love the aura of your room! It's a dream!! :3

Unknown said...

wow, thank you for the wonderful comments! each one has been a pleasure to read.

i am loving the new room...and so is Chickie!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is HOT, all that work on the floors but WALA.. fabulous.

I am digging your bra drawers too, what type of pup is that? So adorable =)

Beth Connolly said...

The room is so fab and glam-love it and love your blog. I especially love the Louis Ghost chair, the Chinoiserie bookcase, and the Rubie Green fabric. Thanks for stopping by my blogs.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What gorgeous images. The floor is incredible. Fabulous job!

B said...

TO. DIE. FOR!

bananas. said...

that room is so fou fou! right down to the little fou fou puppy. i love it. the shoe pics are my favorite.

Leia said...

Oh my goodness, your room is DIVINE! THank you for sharing pics!

Alicia said...

Reminds me of Laduree box..so cahrmingly Francaiase & filled with more delights!!! C'est magnifique!!
Also no metion so where did the bookcase come from??? I adore the design.

loveroffashion said...

This is so inspiring! My beau and I are buying a house, and I am itching to decorate!!

Ness Lockyer said...

It looks lovely, awesome and beautiful...look out Sarah Richardson!! I adore your old perfume bottle labels. Tres Chic!
Ness xx

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! It's like a gorgeous glamorous old Hollywood movie set! You are so talented and your taste is flawless! So beautiful. I think Chicki looks perfect in there! Thankyou for sharing! It's almost like living inside of a beautiful crytal perfume bottle!
xoxo
Judith~

Audrey Fair said...

Your room is simply gorgeous! So utterly feminine and glamorous. Inspirational!

FEDERICA said...

Every single pic is beautiful!

Oliveaux said...

My heart has skipped a beat...so feminine and beautiful in many ways...GORGEOUS!! Ax

Kellie Collis said...

Such a stunning selection of images.... Wow....

Karra said...

I positively LOVE this room! I'm currently in the process of making over my own boudoir and this is so inspiring. I love the classic, feminine styling.

Kaelee said...

I just adore your colour scheme! I love the combination of textures and shapes - just beautiful.

Frou Flu said...

what a sweet little pink post!:) adorable dog by the way:)

Unknown said...

I want your bedroom! Its perfect xoxox

Mrs. Limestone said...

What a fabulous space!!

What kind of frame did you use to for the Love poster?

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh my goodness! It is just beautiful. Everything about it is perfection!

Lauren said...

I love all these photos! Your room is like a dream. Heart.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You did a phenomenal job.

Tina Tarnoff said...

This is unbelievably lovely! I'm gasping and sighing and crying from joy! How lovely. And you have a Wisteria mirrored dresser and a Louis ghost armchair? I've been dreaming about those for ages! Even wrote a post about it some time ago (about the paris apartment store). Love it! xox

Blonde and Red said...

WOW!!! I am in Love with your room! Great job! It is girly, boudoir perfection! I love your headboard!!!!

Blonde and Red said...

AND your dog is unbelievably cute!!! He is so fluffy! I Love him/her instantly!!

seesaw designs said...

Those floors and that book cabinet are stunning!

Katie said...

Absolutely stunning, I am so inspired as well as overwhelmed by your talent!

ticklishfromadistance said...

ok, your bra drawer made me feel really inadequate, bu your desk made me smile. Gorgeous!!!

Brenda said...

We have so much of the same items (bed, mirrored drawer table that I use as a nightstand, parfum bottles and books). Your floors are divine!

No wonder I'm drawn to your blog/website!

xoxo,
B

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

how i just discovered your blog is beyond me, but i'm very impressed. your home looks stunning and i'd love to copy every last detail. would you like to trade links?

vicki archer said...

Totally divine and gorgeous, xv.

Unknown said...

What kind of dog is that? You're home is SO adorable!

Megan @ Pink O'Clock said...

aww, so pretty! i am about to paint my bedroom pink, too, so i'm totally eating this up!

Unknown said...

Thank you again!! Just to answer a few questions:

Ami - my dog is a Pomeranian. she lost much of her fur from a genetic disorder, and we're hoping to save some of it with the medication she's on!

Brenda - that's so cool that you have some of the same things! it's fun to see when someone else shares your taste. ;-)

Mrs. Limestone - i actually had my LOVE poster custom-framed at Aaron Bros. it cost way more than i expected it to!

Alicia - the bookcase is from...well, I'm not sure! i bought it online from perhaps Home Decorators Collection or maybe it was The Company Store. it was about $400, which is good for a piece of furniture like that!

Thank you again to everyone!!
xoxo

Blicious said...

wow-this is perfection! love it!

Nicole Marie said...

I am absolutely obsessed with your room!! a girls dream room!!!

Unknown said...

OMG such a fabulous room!! I totally envy the white floors..I have crave them for years!! Love it such a beautiful room!! You have an impeccable taste!!!! I hope you enjoy the room so much!! Love love the chinoiseire...you gave me so much inspiration!!! Fabulous!!

cotedetexas said...

omg! this is soooo beautiful! I am green with envy or pink with envy! i love this! and your dog is too cute, fur or not.

Joni

Mads said...

Oh wow I love your room!! and those bra collection is amazing!! so cute..=) thanks for the link! will add you also to my blogroll..=)

-Mads
fashionisthebestmedicine.blogspot.com

said...

this is gorgeous - so well designed - i love it!

Jessica Turnbow said...

I don't think I have ever been so jealous, this is amazing work!

Kara said...

love it all. the desk is my fave... right behind chickie - adorable!!!

chicfaced said...

wow wow wow. so simple, clean and chic. the mirrored dresser, ghost louis chair and the loubs...ahhh.

also, i love that you have more than one bra drawer. guess that's what happens when you're in the lingerie biz. :)

Unknown said...

This is so fabulous, and I'm in love with your chinoiserie book cabinet! I can only imagine how much work went into that! Lovely!

Marie said...

I so admire the color scheme and the serenity of your desk- very inspiring. I will clean my stacks of junk off tomorrow in hopes I can channel your creative energy in that space! Lovely!

###### said...

Gorg..wow...words are hard for me to find..

PinkBow said...

your home is absolutely beautiful!

MizzJ said...

Gorgeous job on the boudoir makeover! My favourite photo was of your blogging spot, I almost sighed with envy, mine is nowhere near as glamourous.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Okay, now this is why we read blogs!

Oh my, this is one of the prettiest posts I've ever seen. Every inch of your house is amazing. And your bra drawer, unreal. Can we please trade desks? I would be more than happy in that room!

Lovely!

Caity180 said...

This room is like heaven. I would sleep like a princess in a room like that. It must be lovely to come home to. xx

MABELLE said...

WoW!! What a stunning room!! I've been so out of the blog loop lately that I hadn't seen the final reveal! I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so very much for choosing Rubie Green :) and NICE WORK LADY!! It's gorgeous!
Xo Michelle.

leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

you may need that pin-up book to add a dash of Red! I have it posted in my new giveaway!

Lingerie said...

Nice post. Really I liked it.

Thanks...

sisters in black frocks said...

you have divine taste

Evie and Bluebell said...

Quite possibly the prettiest room I have ever seen!! I love the Rubie Green linen, the mirrored dresser, Made by Girl print and pretty much everything. Thanks for a gorgeous post!!Kate

Anonymous said...

lol look so cute + sweetie

I love all item especially your bras

http://luxury.phuketindex.com/

Sandra said...

Oh my God, it looks absolutely stunning! It's all one big, fluffly dream! I adore your bra drawer as well, amazingly well done! WIll definitely follow your blog from now on.

Keighley@thebellalife said...

WOW! Can I move in with you... or at least have you come decorate my room? How long did it take to accumulate 90 bras? My husband would love me even more if I had your bra collection.

Keighley

Anonymous said...

Truly beautiful and chic :)

Skinnypurse said...

I adore these photos and the style of your room! I am bookmarking this post for inspiration for when I redecorate. :)

jaunty magpie said...

*gasp* I can't say how much I'm in LOVE with this space. But I'll sure try: love, love, love it! Beautiful work and I love that you had a hand in it, so you can have the satisfaction of feeling close to the space. Our house isn't this fabulous, but the little things we've done on our own have a much greater connection to us than the things we had to hire others to do.

Mixamix said...

Alison, you can definitely be an interior designer. Wonderful job indeed! =)

-Mixamix

Oohlahlahgirl said...

Your bedroom is DELICIOUS!!!!!

FairyFiligree said...

I'm impressed with your super neat bra drawer...... I wish I had one like that!

Jinny said...

Your bedroom is beautiful. I looove pink.

Niki said...

This is INCREDIBLE

xo Niki

http://ahautemess.blogspot.com

hongthao said...

I wish I can come to your house and your store someday.

Jinny said...

How about taking higher quality pictures of your room and submitting them to some of those home decor magazines like Better Homes and Gardens or a Martha Stewart magazine? They would LOVE this! I'm still so crazy about this room. Definitely shoot higher quality pictures of the room in wider angles!

Anonymous said...

This is every girls dream!!! I am speechless as to how beautiful this room is...

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Oh, Alison! I'm just about finishing my own room makeover project, so I'm happy to have come across this post! Always cool to see what other people do with tehir rooms, especially when they do it with their own hands - just the way I do it with mine! LOVE your little budouir! I'm not that big a fan of pink, but your bedroom is just the right amount of girly - I love how you use other pieces like this amazing ghost chair (I also happen to be a huge chair appreciator) and that "book closet", they add style and a bit of an edge to a girly look. LOVE your room, GREAT job! :)

Tammy@InStitches said...

I'm in love with your room ! I can't get over the floors, just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful....so pretty and feminine :)

Bardot In Blue said...

i just died and went to heaven looking at your boudoir!!!!! it is quite literally PERFECTION. super jealous...can't wait till I own my own place so I can frou frou it up like this!!!! Can't believe I didn't see this post until now...

xoxo Bardot in Blue

Elizabeth said...

so jealous! where is the green stool and sheepskin rug from? details on the floor?

Sew Kidz said...

Trying to figure out how i can get a bedroom like this with a husband. It's amazing. Just so darn pretty.

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oh my gosh, how have I not yet seen this space? I absolutely LOVE it!! The Rubie Green bedding is so chic, and the MadeByGirl print is one of my favs.

Fantastic job! :)

Love from Carrie said...

Love this! So girly and fabulous. Love from Carrie XX

devilishlypleasurable said...

i have died and gone to heaven

Sophie Coleman said...

I'm obsessed!

Erica Cook said...

Gorgeous! Beyond Inspiring.

jonalynn said...

I don't even know where to begin because it's all soooooooooooooooo fabulous!

Hooray for pink, girly and geometric goodness!

I love, love, love the chinoiserie book cabinet.

turnuptherad.blogspot.com

Roxy Te said...

you have the most beautiful, gorgeous glam room! I'm especially jealous of your collection of bras!

Anna said...

Божественно-красивая комната!!! Приятный цвет и много милых деталей.

http://annytaysberg.blogspot.com

Crash MacDuff said...

Loved everything!! There perfect bedroom for the sweetest and most perfect Princess. Kudos, love and hugs..

Rx

Facial said...

This is the most awesome set of rooms, all the pink and soft peaches are making me swoon :)

Alisha said...

wow superb collection I am especially jealous of your collection of bras!