The New & Improved Faire Frou Frou ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Friday, April 16

The New & Improved Faire Frou Frou

the champagne bubbles 'Frou Frou chandelier' that my mom and I made from start to finish!
a view of one of our cabinets
detail shot of our champagne bubbles 'Frou Frou chandelier'

Mimi Holliday 'Ooh La La' bra
our zig-zag pattern floor in pale green & white

the mirrored antique doors to our office (the floors look yellow here, but it's really a pretty green)

loving the high-gloss shine on our floors...let's hope it lasts!
one of the fitting rooms, and a detail (below) of the ballet tulle curtains we had custom-made.
an antique trumeau mirror from France...one of our favorite pieces

Fleur of England babydoll & Safia multi-strand necklace

storage dresser
Faire Frou Frou custom shopping bag & gift box
a Cloutier Swarovski crystal mirror...simply gorgeous
bras by Vannina Vesperini
an oil painting by Gail Rubke
framed sepia lingerie prints & an antique mirror
new arrivals from Mimi Holliday & Fifi Chachnil
a view of our store through a pair of Damaris frisson panties
antique gold header & Fifi Chachnil romper
Vannina Vesperini peach bras
Lascivious Ana bra & knickers
the rose garden reflected in the glass of our front door

After 7 months of being closed (due to a water main break/flooding in September '09) we are finally back! It has been a long, exhausting journey, but the bright spot has been re-opening Faire Frou Frou and seeing our customers again.
Our store was completely 'gutted' after the flooding which provided an opportunity to completely remodel the store. Though we kept much of our original look we updated with a few changes. For instance, we created the champagne bubbles 'frou frou chandelier' (we will show a DIY on how to make your own chandelier in a later post) and had the floor painted in a high gloss green & white zig zag pattern (it used to be a checker pattern). We also had most of the antiqued 'shabby chic' items painted a clean, white gloss paint. All of our chairs were reupholstered in a beautiful organza silk with the framework painted a glossy white. We chose not to put carpet back in the store, which makes for a much cleaner look and instead opted for white sheepskin rugs in the fitting rooms. There were a lot of small changes made, which those of you who frequent the store will notice right away!
We didn't have a chance to replace some of the completely damaged pieces, so there's a bit less furniture in our shop.
Because of the extensive damage in our store, we had to replace most of the inventory which means there are plenty of new eye-catching pieces in store!
We are so pleased with the new look, and have gotten a great response from the customers who have stopped by so far. Please pay us a visit and let us know what you think of the new & improved Faire Frou Frou!
Faire Frou Frou is located at 13017 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604 (just west of Coldwater Cyn in 'the valley').

Here's the 'before' shot...we've come a long way!
An FYI: Because of the nefarious efforts of our former insurance company we are still fighting to replace all of the damaged merchandise at Faire Frou Frou. It's been a horrible eye-opening experience dealing with the insurance adjuster who lacks ethics and integrity, but we are hopeful that good will prevail over evil! We also have yet to get an word from the DWP regarding their responsibility in causing the flooding, but we are hopeful they will be fair. It's been an ordeal getting back open and we are continuing to fight for what we deserve. In the meantime, we are trying to focus on the positive and look forward to re-establishing ourselves. Thank you for your encouragement and support!

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin' or Google Friend Connect
Shop with us at Faire Frou Frou

91 fabulous comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I remember that flood in your area! and I cannot believe how close your shop is to me. I will have to visit it soon. I love your new look, the floor, fitting rooms, your chandelier and every single touch including your lingerie selection of course. Kudos-Kudos to both of you ladies.

Hope to see you soon

ox

little luxury list said...

It looks AMAZING! Antique mirrors, the sepia photographs, zig zag floor, and white flossy finish - I want to live in your store.

Congrats on a beautiful relaunch. Definitely hope all works out with the silly insurance company1

Miss Narcissus said...

It looks absolutely breathtaking! Congratulations on the relaunch. Just wow! xo

Paris Pastry said...

The store looks amazing!! I wish I lived nearby so I could visit you!

www.janetteria.com said...

Just divine!

Bardot in Blue said...

O. MY. GOD.

IT IS DROP DEAD FABULOUS!

I might just have to move back to california just so I can frequent your amazing new store.

You really outdid yourself...I wish I could just move in I love the decor so much. Can't wait to stop in next time I am in California!

xoxo Bardot in Blue

Moonlight said...

Good Luck, I hope everything works out for the best. Your work and commitment is obvious in the new shop, and in this blog!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, totally beautiful! Do you ship to Boston? :)

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Simply spectactular ladies! You will be bigger and brighter than ever. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. XO

Anonymous said...

the photos are gorgeous!
if i didn't live in florida...
i love the bell jar. i love the green - it looks great with all the grey, pink, and especially with the red babydoll! this site inspires me! my husband is in kuwait and i have been hitting the gym :-) he'll return in july and i'll be wearing frou frou & a smile. lisaanne

Lily530 said...

I hear-by declare Faire Frou Frou the most beautiful lingerie boutique EVER!!!!! Lily 530

Anonymous said...

My heart just skipped a beat girls. The new interior is just gorgeous, like a little heaven. Love all the details. I realise how devestating it must have been to watch something you worked so hard for be destroyed by flooding. But look at Frou-Frou now...WOW!! congrats girls. If Only i could drop by :)

Dena xoxo

Pretty Little things
beingdena.wordpress.com

Heidi said...

OMG! It looks amazing!!! Can I come live there? Congrats on a job well done. That chandelier is so beautiful.
Hope I can come visit the shop next time I'm in LA.. Maybe this Fall...
I'll start saving right away;)

kado! said...

Wow!...I am Impressed! Your store is absolutely Beautiful! I only wish I lived closer...I'd love to stop in for a visit...or two!

question...Do you happen to sell bras in size 34-DD? I have such a hard time finding very sexy bras in that size...it seems only VS catalog carries them. I love my size and am so happy with my boobs...but seeing so many beautiful bras that I can't buy can get depressing! Any advice?

daisychain said...

Um, wow! Just wow. I am speechless at how stunning you've made it.

VM Creation Atelier said...

Gorgeous look,amazingly beautiful!!!-)*

LOVE all spectaculare little things here...
Mirror is wondeful and so much great work is done!!!
What an impression,such uitstanding nice!-)))*

Much Love,
***Violetta***

Ashleigh said...

Congratulations on your re-opening!

The shop is breathtaking! Every detail from the zig zag floor to the ballet tulle curtains is just fabulous! If I weren't across the country I'd be hoping in my car headed that way :)

Best of luck with the insurance situation, no fun :( Good will prevail!!

Ash Fox said...

WOW! The store looks absolutely stunning. I love the new elements you've added. The floor pattern and color is fun and unexpected. The rhinestone mirror is gorgeous. I would feel like a princess shopping in your store. Finally, the bubble chandelier is incredible. I'm so excited for your DIY! Congrats ladies on your new store!

Heather said...

Your store looks simply gorgeous! I want to work there! LOL! I'm sorry to hear you've had so many problems! When I read you lost a lot of merchandise my heart just sank!

Jessica said...

Incredible transformation! The chevron floor is my favorite.

Sallie Ann said...

This is so inspiring! I love the bubbly light fixture, the fun floors and all the other little details that make, what must be, the most wonderful lingerie store in the world. Best wishes on your success!

Ashleigh said...

These were just too fabulous not to share!

http://ashleightimchenko.blogspot.com/2010/04/fabulous-shop-of-faire-frou-frou.html

Have a lovely weekend!

Los Mutandes said...

Wooooow! Absolutely stunning! I wish I could come shopping at your store everyday but it's a veeery long way from Stockholm.

Unknown said...

Oh Sugar, just BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to visit! Congrats on the re-opening! Sending you much love and energy!
xoxoxo,
Lulu Mae
http://www.lovelulumae.com

Elise said...

What an amazingly gorgeous store! Congratulations on the new look and re-opening!

Layla said...

This takes my breathe away! Absolutely gorgeous and the painting by Gail is stunning! Congrats To you both- the chandelier, furniture, floor, and dressing rooms look amazing- not to mention the lovely lingerie you ladies have restocked! Wishing you all the best!!
xo

Anonymous said...

It looks like a dream, so beautiful! You've done a great job!!

guiie said...

You have a lovely blog and a beautiful shop! But please redesign your website! Is awful! That left category bar...

marnieleigh said...

Oh Alison! It is GORGEOUS. i think I'd like to move in. What vision you and your mom had for the space. Congratulations! Can't wait to visit soon!
xoxo,
Marnie

Marnie Goodfriend Photography
www.marniegoodfriend.com

Stacie Frazier - Haute Shots said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous revamp of the boutique! Every single detail is absolutely beautiful!

Pinupmania said...

Fabulous ! It looks amazing. I want to be a little mouse in your store...
Olivier

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Ladies,
You have done an incredibly outstanding job! Every. single. detail is FABULOUS! And don't even get me started on the champagne bubble chandelier - DIVINE!
Next time I'm in SoCal, I'm stopping in for some fun girlie-girl shopping and to meet you to dynamite gals!
Bisous,
Melissa

Heather Taylor said...

Okay that does it. I need to schedule a field trip there pronto! You guys did a fantastic job!

frankufotos Lingerie said...

Congratulations!

A lot fancier than our local (non) Vicky's store downtown. That's a former corner bank - and not a old, classic one, either.

Suggestion: Do posts updating your dealing with DPW and the Insurance Goon, even if names must be changed to protect the innocent (you!)

A lot of folks with small businesses would love to know the outcome. Just beware: I know a small business guy nailed the same way- his town told him to drop dead; they refuse to take responsibility even though it was their water main that broke.

Good luck!
-franku

Ms. Chouette said...

Beautiful!
Very nice job on the bubbles decorations...

COCAMIA said...

Such a beautiful space to be in! It is Outstanding! Congrats...xo

Giselle said...

I'm very happy that u are back!! The boutique looks fabulous, devine!! =)
All details so beautiful and delicate...i adore the fitting room, the furniture, the door and the underwear!! Congratulations! ♥

lisa golightly said...

Absolutely delicious !!! I have to check where you are ... I really want to visit ! You should be very proud !
xoxo, lisa

Punctuation Mark said...

congrats because the place looks amazing!!! i'd love for you ti stop by my blog and participate on my new giveaway... have a lovely weekend!

DolceDreams said...

It is absolutely exquisite!!! I can't wait to come to LA and drop in...also will be awaiting your "how to" on the chandelier, it looks so cool!
ALL of the best to you,
Nathalie

Kelsey Genna said...

Goodness me! Your shop looks fabulous! Everything is adorable

The next time I am in LA I will seriosuly be visiting!

Kels x

Duchess of Tea said...

Oh! darlings from interior to the exterior, the red door, the mirrors, the fitting rooms and everything else in between, it all looks fabulous. Enjoy the new store my darling duo, you deserve it. May you store be always full of buyers and your pockets full of wealth.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

style chronicle said...

WOW! What an inspiring space. I LOVE those floors! Great work!!

My Interior Life said...

Your store is breathtaking. It's obvious you paid so much attention to detail. The champagne bubble chandelier and zigzag floor are so eye-catching. I love a good zigzag/chevron pattern.

I wish I lived closer so I could come shop (my husband would be very pleased)!

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Kathy
www.myinteriorlife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the visit! And congratulations on your re-opening. Love it all, espcially the champagne bubbles. Stunning. Best of luck in sorting through the insurances.
Cheers, Karen.

Susu Paris Chic said...

Sweet vanilla-powdered greetings from Paris!

What a lovely shop you have concocted. Absolutely fabulous. As a Parisian lingerie connoisseur I see that you've got the good old basics well presented starting from the enchantingly audacious Chantal Thomas.

I would love that my Miss Coco-inspired, city chic fashion blog Susu Paris Chic be included on your blogroll.

All the best to your new and exciting adventures!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, sounds like such an ordeal to go through! But the shop looks amazing. I want my bedroom to look like that! I'd have to find some way to have ballet tulle curtains.

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful example of how beautiful things can come out of something bad. Everything looks so beautiful daaaaaaaaaaaahling. If I am ever in your neck of the woulds, Id love to spend some serious money at your shop. Theres so much fab stuff.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
*kisses* HH

Siri said...

Oh, what a pretty post!

Denisa L said...

I would love to visit your store one day, you did an amazing job!
and hope you'll solve all the insurance problems..

Petra Bellejambes said...

Chere Mme FF;

A complete labor of love. Your new shop should be a source of pride to you, delight to your clientelle, and is a certain stop on my next pilgrimage out to the left coast.

Much success wished your way ...

xoxo - Petra

fritha louise said...

Wow, the shop looks incredible!! I can't believe you made the chandelier yourselves, it's amazing!

PinkBow said...

absolutely stunning! my only regret is that living in another country i am unable to visit this glamorous boutique. i love mimi holliday, despite not actually owning any. again, just beautiful.

Marta said...

Just WOW. wow wow wow. I simply love it, I'd like to go there so much and buy everything!
xxx

Sasha B. said...

oh my gosh i love all of these pictures! they look so elegant and classy. I love the idea of the bubbles!

fashionfamous said...

OMG! I love the mirrors!

¡Besitos fashionistas!

the paris apartment said...

WOW I'm speechless, everything is pure perfection, even the photographs themselves! Congratulations on all your hard work and coming out the other side of tragedy even stronger than before. My hero! And your mom too!

the paris apartment said...

Not sure if my comment went thru but just to reiterate, you knocked it out of the park!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I have only one word, STUNNING!!! Congrats, it looks beautiful

Jess said...

Oh my - it looks gorgeous! And the 'Frou Frou chandelier' is stunning!

xoxo
Jess

Draffin Bears said...

Congratulations on your beautiful store ~ love your champagne bubbles chandelier, the antique mirrors and cabinets and the pretty fitting rooms.
Everything is so gorgeous and I wish you all the very best.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Barbara von Enger said...

The renovated boutique looks very good and i love the colour play. Such a pity you are not based in Europe. I love bespoke undergarments, but Paris is the ideal city for that;-)
Hope you had a nice weekend! xx

LA said...

O.O
AMAZING

Wow I really in love with those bras... I want a pair of them, cute and sexy!








LA

Anonymous said...

Omg this is honestly the best interior of a store I have seen in my life.. you should be soo proud! this is amazing.. I want to visit! next time I am In CA I am coming in!

xoxo
Miss Neira

http://missneira.com

Anonymous said...

the store looks fabulous! i love the bubbles!!!!!!!

Couture Carrie said...

Congratulations, darlings!
The shop looks absolutely amazing!!

xoxox,
CC

Athletiart said...

Beautiful! You will love this collection of vintage leotards:

http://athletiart.blogspot.com/

Sierra said...

Your boutique is beyond gorgeous!! I love it! I will certainly have to stop by if I am in the area, thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find out about your boutique!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness your remodel looks so amazing! And how much work that must've been! I love it all and can't wait for the day that I get to see it in person (it will come, I swear!)
xo Mary Jo

FairyFiligree said...

Prosit! It all looks exquisite. WIsh I lived near you so I could visit.

Sarah Klassen said...

I absolutely adore the renovation! The details and feeling that you have incorporated into the space is perfection...it is exactly the lingerie shop I would dream to shop in...right down to the flooring, which is a nice mix of elegance and cheer. The antique pieces are a treat, the artwork is lovely, and the displays are welcoming...I have a feeling, when I come to visit (as soon as I can come back to Cali) I will leave with my hands quite full :)

Congratulations + enjoy the new space!

xo,
Sarah

Lenka James said...

I absolutely love the make over you did it looks gorgeous from the beginning to the end..The fitting rooms are very nice and chic..And all those stunning vintage mirrors are so nice :)

Laura Bionix, World Traveler and Esquire-to-be said...

Wow. Your store is my dream world!! I LOVE IT!!! Next time I'm out that way, I'm going to come drool over it in person!

Treacle said...

Gorgeous! These photos make me want to take a special trip to L.A. :-)

Cera said...

I'd love to see the diy for the chandelier. Love how your shop turned out even if now you have to argue a bit for it. I'll definitely be peeking the the wares to find something for our honeymoon so I can surprise the new husband.

Good South said...

OH my gosh! this is GORGEOus!

it would be impossible not to feel sexy and feminine and pretty in this space! and i love anything with a french antique feel!
amazing.

escapade said...

Wow - what a transformation, you must be so proud! Love the contrast of the modern bubble chandelier and the antique french mirrors. Love that you painted the inside of the drawers bright pink! Your space looks like such a treasure trove!

Pudel-design said...

All I can say is WOW!!!
I never saw a prettier store than yours!!!

And I need to made that chandelier!!!

Love your bog!!!

Greetings from Germany...;)

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

CONGRATS ON THE REOPNENING!! I just love everything about your boutique's interior!! Would so love to coem and pay a visit, but located a bit too far ;) Greetings from Russia!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

The NEW look is sooo much cuter!! Great job...and the painting is GORGEOUS....! Wow.

Unknown said...

OMG it looks just fabulous!! gorgeous!! Sorry to hear the long battle with the insurance!! Love it!! A place where dreams come true!!!
Now I need to visit the store!!

Exquisite Accessories said...

I'm blown away girls its simply stunning cannot believe I missed the post on this one who wouldnt want to buy underwear from your shop the mirrors are fantastic too!!

samantha hahn said...

so cool. the floor is amazing!

A Casa da VĂ¡ said...

your store is impeccable!

Betty Gaeta said...

The store is wonderful.
Great blog! I didn't know.
Have a happy day.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Where have I been? Gosh, this is absolutely stunning! Congrats! I hope to see it in person sometime!! Lynn

Tiffany said...

wow! You know the power of branding! EVERYTHING is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous! You did a great job! And I am sorry to hear about your insurance troubles..I too hope good will prevail!

much love, Tiffany

Margarita Bloom said...

Have I told you how much I LOVE your boutique!!!? You gals sure know how to make a girl feel welcome... le sigh... it's like it's own enchanted fairytale land!!!

I love the pink doors and pretty floors, and the pink chairs and sofas and that painting that you did Gail...love it! You're soo talented. xoxox

Tracy Skibo said...

WOW, looks amazing. I was there once a little while ago and thought it was beautiful then...This is over the top and so inspiring. I want everything and wish I could easily get there. I live in Pittsburgh, I love, love, love lingerie and I your store.

xo
Tracy

Tracy Skibo said...

WOW, looks amazing. I was there once a little while ago and thought it was beautiful then...This is over the top and so inspiring. I want everything and wish I could easily get there. I live in Pittsburgh, I love, love, love lingerie and I your store.

xo
Tracy

Nina said...

I'm a first time visitor to your blog (and website) and I must say your store is absolutely beautiful! I love your DIY chandelier; very inspiring. Looking at your store makes me want to open my own here in Nashville. ;) Thanks for the inspiration.

~ Nina
http://diyprojectsbynina.blogspot.com