Inspired by Ballet ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Wednesday, May 6

Inspired by Ballet

image above: Rachel Papo (Nutcracker costumes)
(thank you Ms. Jenn!)

above: Mary McCartney
above: Caroline Knopf

Vogue magazine

Rene Gruau

above: Caroline Knopf

above: source unknown (please pass along details if you know)

The Lake & Stars (above & below)
We simply wanted to share a few lovely ballet images, along with a few ballet-inspired lingerie pieces. Lingerie and ballet; both elegant and feminine. Enjoy!

28 fabulous comments:

ticklishfromadistance said...

Gorgeous!!!!

FrenchBlue said...

your reading my mind~~ Ballet is here...in my dead...dancing,dancing & dancing... LOVE THESE IMAGES! Beautiful post!
xo's

kadler said...

Love these images. Thanks for the eye candy!

alissa said...

loooove this post! saving like half of these to my favorites folder... thanks!

kelse said...

gorgeous, ballet is so beautiful, from the movement to the attire
x

Anonymous said...

Great poses and beautiful fashion!

Betsy

MizzJ said...

Ohh love these ballet inspired pieces! I would just have the loveliest, girliest dreams in lingerie like these!

Unknown said...

What a very pretty post! Those images are gorgeous!!! I'm inspired to go work out...yet again!!
xoxo
Judith~

Miss G* said...

That first picture is gorgeous! Love the colors...

Oh… I guess my boyfriend will live in your shop in order to meet Megan Fox, the next time we’ll go to L.A. haha!

xo.

Charlie said...

Stunning! These images are simply divine, the ballerinas are so graceful.

Christina said...

learning the art of ballet would be something i would re-do as a kid if i could do it over again (if just to looks as beautiful as these women!)

tanya said...

What fabulous choices--I especially love that first image...it reminds me of frosting on a cupcake...delicious :-)

miriam said...

beautiful ballet pictures!

Sarah Ring said...

I adore ballet inspired fashion and lingerie - something so femme and flirty about it!!

jasmine said...

ooooo! i'm always inspired by ballet. i love these!

Por ANNA DIAS said...

¡ME ENCANTA!
Hey, Frou-frou...I'm so curious about one thing...How did you find my blog? By the way...I love when you come! ;D

Emz said...

i LOVE ballet inspiration. Those tutus in the first picture are so cute and so are ballet shoesss!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Gorgeous inspiring post! Love it!

La Chauve-Souris said...

magnifique magnifique magnifique love it

xx
bonne nuit

Aline said...

I love this post...thank you for putting a smile on my face!

Robynne said...

Ballet is so inspiring. I studied ballet for 13 years. Thank you for these photos, I have never seen them!

Fashion on edge..

Blicious said...

love this post! love balet! :)

Penny Lane said...

oh! i looove the pics.

Engra said...

beautiful post!
Great photographs!!
I'm a spanish girl, I love lingerie and think that this blog is wonderfull.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite inspirations, especially this summer, with that Degas-going-punk vibe... I love it, you got ballet and destroyed ballet, and every style of dance... amazing.

Therefore I just LOVE this post <3.

paanie said...

i love these dancer photos. but i must say they can't replace the ones of professional dancers!

Ms. Jenn said...

Top image, one of my favorites.
It is of Nutcracker costumes, photographed by Rachel Papo.

http://www.rachelpapo.com/nutcracker1.html

Unknown said...

Ms. Jenn - Thank you for the photo credit information!! We will update the post now!
xox