Lingerie is Taking Over the World of Fashion! ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Tuesday, July 7

Lingerie is Taking Over the World of Fashion!













images via WWD, photographer Giovanni Giannoni
detail images via style.com

Ahh, we love it! We were so pleased to see that lingerie was the focus and inspiration behind the Christian Dior Couture Fall 2009 runway show. Thanks to WWD, we discovered this gorgeous retro-inspired collection. Designer John Galliano stated that "it all begins with the corset", and from there his models displayed the most intricate, exquisite undies imaginable — hand-made bras, corsets, girdles, garters, tap shorts, stockings (via WWD). Furthermore, Galliano created jackets, skirts, slips, etc. that would deliberately expose the beauty of the undergarments. Once again, we see the 'no pants' look...it won't be long before you and I are pulling this off!

p.s. - you can now follow us on Twitter!

32 fabulous comments:

Maria Confer said...

Gorgeous. I love how the models almost look like mannequins.

FrenchBlue said...

Always so very very pretty~
xo's

fickle red riding hood said...

It was such a fantastic show. The corsets are magnificient. But the red feathered hat is definitely my favourite.

anna and the ring said...

Hi, I just found your blog and can I just say I am in love!

Yey for beautiful lingerie.

Kelly said...

lingerie is taking over the fashion world...as it SHOULD be. I think it is just fabulous and makes women feel confident and empowered. amazing. yet again another great find :)

following you on twitter!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Galliano is a genius! It's all just so classy and gorgeous!
xo,
Christina

Mom Fashion World said...

oh boy, these pictures are so gorgeous!
wish i could wear something which i can show off my belly.

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Mom Fashion World said...

oh boy, these pictures are so gorgeous!
wish i could wear something which i can show off my belly.

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Virginia de la Reynares said...

I absolutely love this collection - Galliano made such lovely creations!

Awesome Sara said...

please let under garments take over please please please!!! i look really hot in a corset custier thingie and i would so love to wear one to work! my lover would most certainly enjoy it!!!

Heather Taylor said...

Absolutely fantastic, I love it all especially the tap shorts returning. Perfection.
xoxo, Heather

BRANDI MILNE said...

AAAHHH, to be a girl...love the little bits!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

lovely.

ragil mega said...

Wow, these are so cool. I love that orange skirt. And that grand nude dress up there, GORGEOUS! Nice bustier to go with as well.
And I love the other two skirts <3

Kate said...

I love the lacy pom pom skirt! It's very cute!

Cheers,
Kate
from www.theleftlook.com

KL said...

lovely lingerie, they're so couture. great photos and great post!

http://wordvomittt.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

I love Galliano. Trust him to add a bit of spice to an outfit. I love how he stays true to the Dior label's roots as well. There is definately a hint of the new look in there but brought right up to date.

Isabel said...

Heck yes! This collection was awesome!

Marcia B. said...

I love your blog, amazing! Thanks for the comment. This is my fave, i will add this on my blog list. xxx

Katie said...

"it won't be long before you and I are pulling this off!" You first!
Gorgeous photos!

Katie

Frou Flu said...

oooh i love lingerie... that dior collection is haunting me by the way... love the detail on the skirts:)

Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

You have such a cute blog here :) BTW, I love Cute Overload too! xxx

L A M A R T I N É said...

so vintage....i love them

Aline said...

this collection is just gorgeous!

Pretty in a Power Suit said...

This entire collection is so beautiful! All the designs are works of art. And the lingerie detailing is definitely great to look at...very reminiscent of the 1950s vintage looks and a bit like the 1990s idea of lingerie as outerwear seen with icons like Madonna.
-Tawney

http://achichilife.blogspot.com

Jewellery Gossip said...

My Goodness these underwear sets are divine... puts La Perla to shame lol. Fabulous site, would you be interested in a blog roll exchange with us?

Unknown said...

Beyond beautiful collection! Lingerie as fashion is amazing!!

Thanks for you lovely comments to my blog.

chauss said...

great blog!
thanks for stopping by my blog, come visit anytime. :)

Lingerie said...

Really and absolutely gorgeous and sexy...

Duchess of Tea said...

Beautiful blog, gorgeous photos, simply lovely
Duchess xx

annechovie said...

Love the vintage look!

JHE'ANELL said...

1st: thanks for visiting my blog, i appreciate it very much - 2nd:i LOVE LOVE LOVE this Dior collection...yes very lingerie inspired with a splash of vintage, what could be better? 3rd:you're inspiring me to go lingerie shopping right now, i bet my fiance will be thanking you soon :)