Vanities by Michael Elins ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Wednesday, July 8

Vanities by Michael Elins

isn't this the cutest picture of Paula Patton - such a beauty!



images copyright Michael Elins

We just can't help but post more adorable pinup pictures! It's an addiction! We love it!
We especially love the work of photographer Michael Elins, who is probably best known for his 'vanities' portraits in Vanity Fair. It looks like these fresh-faced models/actresses stepped out of a Vargas painting. The look of these pinup portraits is really a reflection of the styles we are seeing in lingerie/swimwear right now; retro styles, high-waist briefs, garter belts...just like the Christian Dior runway show we posted yesterday.
You can see the rest of his portfolio here.

Ahem, are you following us on Twitter yet? We just signed up...click here to join us.

47 fabulous comments:

bananas. said...

i want the bathing suit in the first pic. superrrrr saucy!

Unknown said...

love them all...they are just adorable!
Hope you are having a great week!!!!
And yes the Dior collection was something special!!!

FrenchBlue said...

All SO ADORABLE!
xo's

Leia said...

I love all these pictures! So sexy and glam.

Heather Taylor said...

The Vanities are my favorite part of Vanity Fair. My very favorite is one of Isla Fisher in this fuzzy pink sweater, she reminds me of Gidget in that pose. Great post!

Brigadeiro said...

Such gorgeous pictures! :)
xx

miriam said...

beautiful beautiful pictures! xx.

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Fabulous pictures! I love the pinup styles. And I love the green shoes in the first photo! So lovely!

Couture Carrie said...

Oh I just adore Vanity Fair's pin-ups!

That maillot in the first photo is exquisite!

xoxox,
CC

MITCH said...

thanks for stopping by on my blog... :)

xoxo

PrincessImp. said...

Whenever I see such gorgeous pin-up pictures, I curse myself for not having an hour-glass figure and an innate ability to rock engine-red lipstick!!!
Thanks for sharing...love the pictures :)

Maria Confer said...

I don't think I can ever get enough of retro pin up style lingerie!!

Unknown said...

Hi!
I love all,fantastics.

sherin said...

Great pictures. I love that one where she's dressed as a sailor. I would love to be able to pull that off.

Kosmopolight said...

LOVE the pinup look. So glamorous and fun! And these pictures are just fabulous...

xo,
Kelley

ABC Mommy said...

I love the sailor-inspired photos! I was trying to find a great bikini in a retro print, any suggestions? Thanks!

Michelle
circleofstyle.blogspot.com

kiah k. said...

Wow! I love these, I want all of it!

Unknown said...

Lustworthy!! Great blog!

Bombchell said...

love it all

Jack Daniel said...

I say, keep posting up pin up pictures. Haha.

Isabel said...

They are aaall gorgeous!

http://prolong-the-moment.blogspot.com/

x

sexyinthecity said...

Adore the pin up style!
It's a fantastic editorial!!

xx
www.sexyinthecity.es

FrouFrouu said...

Ah what a lovely blog you have, I didn't realise there were so many of us (froufrous), haha.

Pinups of the past exude such glamour.

- nadia

Lola said...

Thanks so much for stopping by & leaving such a lovely comment! Love yr blog too (especially its name!) - will come back to read through older posts!

Have a wonderful weekend & see you again soon,

xxLOL LOLA & Nora:)
btw hope you enjoyed the fun over at our place as much as we did!!

Michelle Marie said...

So crazy for these pictures! Something about pinup art is timeless. I think this weekend when I go out, I'm bring out the rep lipstick. Great inspiration :)

Aline said...

oh my, I am in love with these!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh thank you for stopping by and commenting ... I love the Vanities, I also posted some a short time ago ... too funny, think we like the same things!

Love your profile picture and your site, really pretty. The Abaete swimsuit is divine too.xxx

Gigi Thibodeau said...

I love these! They DO look like Vargas paintings! I'm a huge Vargas fan. In fact, one of the first posts I ever did when I started blogging was on Vargas. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Yours is absolutely lovely. I'll be back!
xoxo

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Hello gorgeousss...
Lovely weekend girls!
~XO*

Duchess of Tea said...

Bonjour Mademoiselle Frou-Fou, vous avez un blog magnifique, tres sexy.
I am so glad you dropped by my cottage. I too got a peak at yours and I love it love it love it. Your blog is gorgeous. I have to say half way through the blog, I returned my ice cream dish to the kitchen, those photos my God!! I will return this weekend to go over all your current and archived posts. Your store in located in a city that I will be visiting on my holiday next month. I will be sure to stop by and say hello. There was a store in that area called Ivy and another across the street from Ivy a sort of Shabby Chic store that I adored on my last visit, I am not sure if they are still in business or not. And look at all the followers you have. I am new at blogging, only 3 months, so a number like yours, 200+ is unbelievable to me. Please stop by my cottage again, I will love to see you there and next time, if you have a moment please join my charming followers. I have already joined your followers and have placed a link to your blog on mine.
Talk to you soon
Duchess xx

Maggi said...

These pictures are so fabulous! I love when we salute vintage styles!

DS said...

I love those old-school pinup pictures! There is something very sexy about them, and even more sexy than if they were flashing thongs! LOL. There is definitely something to be said for less is more.

Frou Flu said...

those are lovely! it makes me want to hang them on the wall in my closet:)

Alexandra said...

LOVE THIS. Vanity Fair is my favorite magazine- my dream career to write for them. and Love this blog! and thanks for stopping by mine! (madlibs are great aren't they)

Anonymous said...

really gorgeous. This particular era is so great, I'm glad it seems to be perpetually in the throes of a resurgence!

Anonymous said...

I lurv pin up girls!!!!!! How have you been darling.. you know I should REALLY join Twitter, eh?

Sasi said...

Pics like these make me smile, I feel fun and joy in them.
Thanks for your comment:)

Bonnie said...

Mademoiselle, merci for stopping by my blog. You've Got Mail is one of my fave mories in fact it made my chick lit library. Have a great Sunday!

paula said...

gorgeous!

Awesome Sara said...

someone turn me into a pimp up gal!!!!

sisters in black frocks said...

so neat. i've been shopping in your store for years, and i accidentally cruised your blog. i love the blog, as well as the store. both are great treats!

Paulina De La Passionfruit said...

Yey! so happy more pin up! I adore! :-) xx

Antonio Barros said...

The pictures are amazing!! I love it!

Noelle + Kendall said...

All of these are so adorable!

Matildas said...

I love them. They so retro, almost burlesque with a nice mix of 50s pinup girl!

Edie Mindell said...

I love all of them!!! But the bathing suit in the first picture tops it all. I love it. Very beautiful indeed.:-) The pin-up pictures are all timeless and very classic.:-)

Donna said...

I know what I want for my birthday now! They look STUNNING!