Ruffles, Pleats and Folds ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Sunday, February 28

Ruffles, Pleats and Folds





images via Helena Hörstedt, Photo: Peter Farago, Styling: Ingela Klemetz-Farago

While reading our friend's blog over at Nearly Stylish we were excited to discover the work of Swedish designer Helena Hörstedt. Though these collections are a few years old, they seem to be right on the mark with the current trends we are seeing on the runway! The high-waisted briefs and the bodysuit were the major trends we saw at the NYC lingerie tradeshow we just attended, so be prepared to see more of this look for Fall 2010. By the way, the other huge lingerie trend we saw for Fall/Winter is navy blue and teal. Always something exciting on the horizon with fashion.
Our favorite image is the first one, which is yours?
To learn more about this designer, visit her site here.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin' or Google Friend Connect
Shop with us at Faire Frou Frou

22 fabulous comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I really like the last image a lot - not sure what it is, but I'm drawn to the design and shape of these two gorgeous pieces!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

What gorgeous pleats and photography. Love the second photo!

xo,
Christina

la petite fashionista said...

my favorite image is the 2nd to last-- such intricate pleating and details. absolutely stunning & so relevant to what is happening in fashion!

B a la Moda said...

You are right. She is totally on track. I have seen those ruffles a lot. They are so gorgeous.


xoxo
B* a la Moda

Treacle said...

Oh I swoon over those high waist knickers! And I can't wait to find out about the things you saw at the Lingerie Trade Show. I plan on going to the next one this year!

daisychain said...

the first is my favourite too, but all of them are seriously incredible.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Fabulous! I like the first and last two. :)

Leah said...

I love the first image too... I'm so enthralled by the ruffles. But everything has it's own unique details which I love too. Have a great week ahead! xoxo

Jennifer Fabulous said...

These are absolutely amazing. I wish I could pull off something so fabulous. Sigh.

Tiffany Kadani said...

This story might interest you. I inherited these comfy cotton lounge wear pants from a friend that are really flowy and pretty. They also have a three inch ruffled waistband. I love how they are stretchy and flattering. My husband thought nothing of them until he felt the waistband. He is now IN LOVE with these pants because he says the ruffles feel so different and fun. He gets happy when he sees me in these pants because he knows he gets to feel the ruffles.
I thought that was pretty funny because ruffles are all over the runway this season. Who knew a man could appreciate ruffles so much?

Sarah Whitney said...

Wow I'm in awe of these photos. They're sexy, artistic and a little dark all at once. A fantastic combo!

Anonymous said...

love this photos so much!

xoxo
mycherrygum.blogspot.com

Ligeia said...

What a fantastic editorial!love the second image, so powerful

xoxo

Elizabeth Marie said...

The last one is aaaamazing!

Katie@Knickersblog said...

Talk about finding beautiful things! Wow these are stunning!

Draffin Bears said...

I saw these wonderful designs over at Nearly Stylish too and just loved all the pleats and folds ~ fabulous.

Have a great week
Hugs
Carolyn

Cafe Fashionista said...

Now this is lingerie that should never be covered up with clothes! So fabulous!! :)

Miss Woody said...

gorgeous pictures !

Sarah Klassen said...

Very much on-trend! I love the last one for its shapes and contrasting lines. Beautifully constructed and detailed...

Raquel said...

Ruffles are sexy and romantic! Love it! Great pictures!

xx

Mimi said...

Beautiful photos! Have a great week!!

yfl said...

Love the site. Very nice pictures!

Sincerely,

Your Fantasy Lingerie
Web: http://www.yourfantasylingerie.com
Email: sales@yourfantasylingerie.com