Lingerie as Outerwear...Again! ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Wednesday, February 10

Lingerie as Outerwear...Again!

all Jean Paul Gaultier...including the torn tights!

We have been coveting this Agent Provocateur basque for a while...really, it's so pretty! And just a peek at the Wolford stockings...

we mainly had to post this because of those Christian Louboutins... A-MAZING!

bandeau & dress by Jean Paul Gaultier

Dolce & Gabbana bodysuit over an Eres bra

the bra shown over this Victor & Rolf dress isn't credited, but it's likely Kiki di Montparnasse

above: Jean Paul Gaultier bandeau
images via TFS, Jessica Stam photographed by Derek Kettela for Fashion

This post has two of our favorite things; a Jessica Stam editorial paired with lingerie! Straight from the February 2010 issue of Canada's Fashion Magazine, these photos are simply further evidence of the lingerie as outerwear trend. The suggestion that you wear a bustier instead of a blouse is perhaps something you will be doing in the near future! It's funny because when we first see a trend we think, no that won't be me, but about a year later we've fully embraced it...kind of how we felt about Gladiator sandals and boyfriend jeans a few years ago (we fell for those trends hook, line & sinker!).
What do you say, will this be you in a few short months? Is it you now?

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin' or Google Friend Connect
Shop with us at Faire Frou Frou

29 fabulous comments:

Anonymous said...

don't know if this will be something i'll be strutting, but stam looks stunning. but i am loving the loubies.

ox

layla said...

ohh these images are gorgeous alison! Thanks for sharing!!

I'll be wearing my intimtes out, but then again i've been doing that for years!

Destination Inspiration said...

I LOVE Jessica Stam. The torn tights are so interesting in the first pic, but the Agent Provocateur basque must be my favourite item! Lovely

joei ♥ said...

i've been seeing lingerie being used as outerwear in a number of fashion mags. you're right. it's becoming a trend. not sure though if just anyone can pull it off ;)

joei
http://i.am/joei

Festy said...

I love your blog! It is amazing!!
xoxo
Festy
http://festyinstyle.blogspot.com/

Engra said...

amazing post!!!

COCAMIA said...

Ahhh, I love Jessica and these images are so sexy! She makes it look so easy!

daisychain said...

Love Jessica Stam!

I wish I had the confidence required to pull off this trend.

TheBeautyFile said...

These images are so gorgeous. I think she looks more fabulous in the black and nudes than anything...so Chanel.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Fabulous Jessica Stam! Love those Louboutins!

Jamie said...

These pics are beautiful. Jessica Stam is a goddess!
http://glamlatte.blogspot.com

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love those last two dresses. Wonderful!

Sarah Ring said...

The Agent Provocateur basque is an incredible piece!! Don't know if I'll be wearing it outside of the boudoir however! But I do love the idea! Very sexy.

Blicious said...

hot shots!!!!!!!

xoxo

Laura Demetriou said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog lovely! I love this blog, it's fantastic!

As for your question, I can see it happening, especially as lace and nudes are big this year. It's not that much of a transition from wearing a lce dress to a silk nightie type dress.

I just hope people don't take things too far and head out in a bra and knickers!

Laura Trevey said...

Ooooh La La!! So sexy!!

Jen said...

Eeeep! Gorgeous, luxurious looks but I'm definitely not brave enough (or skinny enough!) to pull it off. Maybe a basque over a shirt? :)

Kevin said...

Those are really hot pictures of beautiful angels in lingerie. I would't mind if fashion extends the use of lingerie as outwear.

Leia said...

Oh these are so sexy!

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

i guess we can thank madonna for making it even more fabulous! :)
lovely post!

Leah said...

I always say that I hate clingy clothes but I think I can see myself wearing the bustier as outerwear in the near future. :-)

I loe the torn tights. xoxo

mAdi*cakes said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate it alot :] I love this look! My favorite is the striped corset. Jessica stam is perfect for this shoot!

Viva La Fashion said...

she's so gorgeous. :)

Jade Purple Brown said...

i love the lacy ensemble in the third picture!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Treacle said...

I've got quite the craving for D&G bodysuit. They're showing up everywhere!

Unknown said...

OK I just realized every shot in this post is also nude & black...so inspiring! I can see where my spring lingerie budget will be going!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

absolutely loving everything about these! i want them all


xoxooxo
ashlina

happy valentines weekend.

jill said...

okay... here's a weird little-known fact (or, i think it's a fact):

last early spring, about march i think, when i started my blog, i noticed some great looks with underwear showing. i used the phrase 'underwear as outerwear' because i liked the sound of it. i hadn't heard that expression anywhere (that i recall). then the print press started using it in the fall.. there's no way of tracing or proving it, of course, but i get a kick out of how that meme has travelled.

too bad i don't get royalties ; )

Sensual said...

Wow' i love this collections