The Lake & Stars - Spring 2010 ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Sunday, February 14

The Lake & Stars - Spring 2010




















Photographer: Tom Hines, Model: Nell Rebowe, Hair & Makeup: Fernando Haddad, Prop Stylist: Jesse Kaufmann

We have been patiently waiting since September 2009 to share these images with you from the SS2010 collection by The Lake & Stars (you may have spotted them months ago elsewhere but we don't like showing a collection prematurely out of respect for the designer). Let's just say we were floored by the amazing job the ladies behind The Lake & Stars did in putting the Spring lookbook together. Designers Nikki and Maayan teamed with the talented photographer Tom Hines whose conceptual vision made their dazzling new collection look like a spread in W Magazine.
Putting this type of effort into a catalogue makes such a difference for a designer; the branding, the attention to detail and the concept are seamlessly displayed to capture the attention of the consumer and the fashion world. Memorable images like this really set The Lake & Stars apart from many of their contemporaries.
Take a look at the rest of the images on The Lake & Stars website...there are captions and a bit of a dangerous story that go along with them.

Also, the brand has launched a sister line called "Double in Brass" which will be sold exclusively at Urban Outfitters throughout 2010. It is a younger, more contemporary collection of lingerie and loungewear. The phrase “Double in Brass” is a Victorian term for taking on a second job...very clever, just like everything these ladies do!

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin' or Google Friend Connect
Shop with us at Faire Frou Frou

35 fabulous comments:

Siru said...

I love love love it! I love the clothes and I love the photography!

juliet xxx

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour,
What a creative way to display all these pieces, the delicate lingerie against the rugged background is quite a contrast. I love that blue slip.
Good week to you!

Miss Narcissus said...

It's great to see lingerie designers getting more creative and original with their lookbooks. I really love the direction The Lake & Stars are going in. Gorgeoues pictures!

Unknown said...

Just a quick note to let you know I have nominated you for a little award on my blog - http://theartofbeingperfect.blogspot.com/

No worries if you are award free x

Treacle said...

Is it just me or are their collections getting better and better?

daisychain said...

oh goodness, what stunning photography.

Awesome Sara said...

these pics are so weird yet so utterly gorgeous! i wish i looked that good in the woods!

Ellie said...

these photos are truly awesome! Such a great collection.

Isquisofrenia said...

all of this photos look am azing
love the one with the glasses!!

Fashion is a Playground said...

Nice pics !

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Jelka Lepever said...

Nice!
& thanks for your comment, Nice blog! x
* www.jelkaaa-x.blogspot.com *

Terence Sambo said...

such a wonderful idea for a lookbook, luv how fun and playful it seems..

BardotinBlue said...

awesome pics! Looks like a very fun shoot and the swimwear is adorable too. I love the neon yellow one!

My mom of the blog French-Kisesd recommended your blog to me. I live in Paris and blog from here. Check out my blog...

http://bardotinblue.com

What I lovely store you have! Can't wait to stop in next time I am in California :-)

-Haleigh

Jennifer Fabulous said...

These photos are gorgeous and have me completely and utterly aching for summer. Lol. LOVE IT! xoxo

Vix said...

Wonderful photography and set! Especially love the bright yellow piece.
Vix
xxx

the style crusader said...

that is an amazing collection and photo shoot. so beautiful and totally different. love the shots in the water. xx

Wrecked Stellar said...

I love these- they make me want to get stranded in the woods with some dashingly handsome guy! My favorite photos are the one where the model is carrying the lit torch, the photo where she's making out under the car, and the one where she's trapped under the net- so clever! xo, Mel

COCAMIA said...

Gorgeous Editorial!!!

Anonymous said...

the series of photos are fabulous!! i would totally love to recreate these!!! anyhow, thank you so much for the bday wish!!!!

Taylor Sterling said...

so sexy! Love these photos!

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

what fun lovely photos! I really like the first.

Amber
ambersmouthwash

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!<3

xoxo M.

Charris said...

Very Creative, awesome photography. I should have visited this site for valentines Day.
Thanks Mademoiselle Frou-Frou for commenting on my blog. Be sure to come back.

Anonymous said...

i was planning on posting these too! love them

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photography, my fave is I think... all of them?

Punctuation Mark said...

Amazing photos... love the whole nature thing going on... ;)

Audrey Allure said...

gorgeous photos!

Stephanie said...

This is definately a great photo shoot, I love the nature motif. I stared at each photo for the longest time before moving on to the next one.

Kisses,
Stephanie

K8 said...

loving these photos, they're all kinda kooky, not overly sexy. I really like when gorgeous models in sexy lingerie can break out of the obvious sexiness and do, just weird everyday stuff.

Thanks much for the comment, I've been out of the blogosphere for a hot minute because of school, illness, and a blizzard. lame I know, but I'm back :)

Fashion X K8.blogspot

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Absolute delight!! Loved the shoot!! I totally respect your decision of not showing these pics earlier!! :)

mina said...

these are really amazing photos! thanks for sharing.

VM Creation Atelier said...

WOOOW!-)*

What a Suprise,beautiful,gorgious blog,dear Ladys!!!-)

Thank you very much for you visit in my blog and for you sweetcomments...
I love lingerie as each woman,I think so!-)*
But lingeri for me is an obssesion...Lingery makes you a fantastic and magic lady!!!

With many love and hugs,

***Violetta***

Unknown said...

ooh this magazine looks fabulous...i haven't seen it before! great covers.
xoxo alison

Rachael said...

Loved it! Tom Hines is so great too!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com