Down, But Not Out...Water Damage at Faire Frou Frou ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Monday, September 7

Down, But Not Out...Water Damage at Faire Frou Frou

Faire Frou Frou; the victim of a water main break in Studio City, CA.

Clean-up crew removing inventory & furniture from Faire Frou Frou

Our shopping center the evening of the water main burst.
AP Photo/Mike Meadows

This is what our store should look like!

We are sad to report that Faire Frou Frou was the victim of a water main break in Studio City, CA this weekend. Our entire shopping center was submerged in water varying from 6" deep to 4' deep, and unfortunately mud and water soaked our entire shop. That being said, a clean-up crew was required to remove all items from our store to thoroughly clean so as to avoid mold damage. The project of assessing exactly how much was damaged in terms of merchandise, furniture and fixtures remains to be done this week.
In any event, we are hopeful that we will get our store back up and running by some point in October.
We will certainly keep you updated with when we expect to re-open our shop. Let's hope we can wrap all of this up quickly!

Luckily our online store is still unaffected, so if you need your frou-frou fix, shop with us at www.fairefroufrou.com.

50 fabulous comments:

Miss Tique said...

So sorry to hear about the water damage. Fingers crossed for you having as little damage as possible!

Ashe Mischief said...

Oh no! This is so awful to see...I can't imagine the stress this must be causing you. Good luck with the repair work, and I hope Faire Frou Frou opens up soon!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

You poor girls....what a awful thing to happen. Hopefully, all your lovely things will be hanging back where they should be soon. Thinking of you and wish I could help.

EvesApples said...

No! I'm so sad to see that you're going through this! I wish I was there to help you clean up the area.

Sending you lots of good juju on getting the store in order.

If you need to get away to an undisclosed, far, far away place...you know where to find me. ;)

xo

~ Eve

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

Oh, girls... So sorry to hear your news. Hope everything will be fixed and solved as soon as possible. Thinking of you and sending you a big big hug! x

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about this! I hope there wasn't too much damage done!!!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Oh no!! Your gorgeous shop in mud and water. Good luck with getting your gorgeous shop up and running again very soon. My thoughts are with you. I'm so sorry you gals have to deal with this in sunny California.
xo,
Fabulous Finds Gal

ErinFetherstonFashionDesign>

jaunty magpie said...

Oh my word, this breaks my heart. I'm so sorry to hear this happened. I hope the cleanup is quick and that the damage is only minimal. What a terrible, terrible thing. :(

Penny Lane said...

i am so sorry! that's made me sad, even being thousands miles away! i hope you can fix it as soon as possible. good luck with the repair work.

PL ♥

anna and the ring said...

Oh gosh, how awful. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

alexkeller said...

so sad! at least you're okay! and better to be safe and have it all cleaned up. hopefully some things will be rescued.

Unknown said...

wow that is awful! Hope it all gets sorted soon xoxoxox

Gaia said...

i'm so sorry! I really hope you are getting better!
Take care!

Dan Ferrero said...

Alison, you can ALWAYS have a friend in me if you need help getting back on track. I wish you, your mother and the business well.

K.Line said...

Man, what a pain in the ass - and so stressful. I hope it all resolves soon!!

Sarah Ring said...

Oh no! I am so very sorry to hear about this. I hope that no one was injured or hurt with the main break and that the store is up and running again soon. Although I am in Houston, please let me know if there is anything I can do or if you need to vent... literally anything!

Sincerely,
Sarah

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Eek oh my goodness! Good luck with the clean up and may it be quick and as painless as possible!!

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello my darlings, I rushed over to see how you are holding up. You see the friend that I told you about who lives in the area emailed me to let me know. I am so sorry to hear about this disaster and I hope and pray that you will put back your beautiful store in no time at all. If I was in the area, I would have rushed over to help. Take care and don’t worry there is a reason for everything, I hope you get to the bright reason of this disaster soon.

I am here for you
Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥♥♥

Maria Confer said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear about the damage done to your store!

I hope you are able to have the store back up and running in no time!

Thinking of you.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Miss Neira said...

aw i am so so sorry to hear that! hope everything turns out ok!

FrenchBlue said...

No Fun and No Fair!! I know what a pain it is. I am so sorry the most beautiful shop in LA is a victim. It is so much extra work for you too.
I'm sorry:(
xox's

Draffin Bears said...

Oh no ... I am so sorry to hear this news of your beautiful shop.
Good luck with the clean up and getting Faire Frou Frou, back up and running.

Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

thank you to each and every one of you who left such a sweet comment. we are trying to remain positive...and we will have some more answers to our looming 'what are we going to do' questions hopefully by tomorrow (tuesday).
what lovely blog friends we have!
xox alison & gail

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Oh girls, how horrible. Your beautiful shop with that dreadful mess. How stressful. Hoping that it is all cleaned and repaired soon and keep your chins up! Lynn

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

one more thing...you gals are amazing leaving comments on other blogs (like mine tonight) given what you're going through. I'd have my head in my hands crying. TY :)

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Oh how horrible! Such tragedy, but at least it wasn't fire!

Here's to hoping everything resolves soon, and the recovery can be as seamless as possible!

Exquisite Accessories said...

Oh my gosh!! I am soooooo sorry you must be heart broken what a gorgeous shop & for that to happen!!!
I send so many blessings to you both that the shop gets back into Fantastic Fabulous Former glory, good luck ladies I wish you well. ;)

Unknown said...

oh that is too bad. am so sorry about that.

hope you'll recover soon. Stay strong and i really do wish for you all the best.

FEDERICA said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I cross my fingers for you!

Rachael said...

Aww man! I hope you get it all shorted and there's not too much damnage?! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message on my blog! x

Miss Narcissus said...

Oh that's awful news. Hopefully everything can be put right again soon. Good luck xo

Petra Bellejambes said...

Pauvre Mlle Frou Frou. C'est un cauchemar complet! I hope the repairs are not stressful to you. Good luck with all the effort.

scribbling sassy said...

Down BUT not out!!! That's the spirit! ...we saw what happened on the news and we are in Manila!!! I didn't know I'd come across someone who's directly affected ... a lovely shop, damaged :( 'Hope everything gets fixed in no time!!!

miss g* said...

So sorry! I hope it will be fine soon! Good luck with that!
x.o.

Beth Connolly said...

Oh what a shame. You must be so stressed out. Split a nice bottle of champagne and try to relax. Hope you are up and running soon.

Unknown said...

omg so horrendous!!!

Aline said...

oh no!!! best of luck to you guys!

Heather Taylor said...

Oh dear! I hope everything works out smoothly and the store will be back and up again soon.

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! This is solely DEVASTATING to hear, try to stay POSITIVE and know that Faire Frou,Frou will be back to NORMAL sooner than YOU think!!!:)

limonana said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! You have such a delightful blog yourself! I'm really very sorry for your lovely shop being damaged, I hope that all will be well again soon for you!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Water issues are the WORST....So sorry to hear! Your shop will be back again in no time...because you ladies are PASSIONATE about what you do....
I wish you the best and a speedy recovery to the shop. Keep us posted.

Jen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com

madebygirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What a terrible time and a terrible thing to happen. I'm holding good thoughts for you and wishing the best for you girls! If there is anything I can do please let me know!
xoxo
Judith~

Krista Mason Photography said...

Oh No! Sorry to hear about the water damage taking hold of your beautiful store. I hope you are up and running soon! Does this mean you get to remodel like you have been hoping for?

Jennie Bee said...

Oh no! hope you get things fixed and not too much was damaged!

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this...Hopefully things will be back to normal very soon...Or at least that's what I wish for...:-)

L A M A R T I N É said...

oh no! hope the insurance company is making things easier on you two!

Unknown said...

thank you for all of the support - we truly appreciate each and every one of you who commented!
we will keep you updated as we make progress!
we will do a follow-up post again soon.
xox

SUNSHINE said...

Hi Neighbors

So sorry to hear about the flood. I know you will come back stronger.

Barbara, Robin, Sunshine

leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

so sad to see such a lovely store washed away;-( boo hooooooo!!!!

water damage said...

Wow - I'm sorry to hear that. How is the shop now? Unfortunately with outside ground water coming into the shop they would have had to throw everything away that got wet - even sheetrock that got wet would be cut out and replaced. The reason for that is because its classed as category 3 water (grossly unsanitary) because it’s unknown what contaminants the water would have picked up while flowing down the street. I hope everything is sorted out now for you.