Jean Yu ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Wednesday, April 8

Jean Yu

CFDA finalist Jean Yu in her atelier, image via VOGUE magazine





an example of one of Jean Yu's limited edition gowns

Jean Yu is a New York-based designer who specializes in creating limited edition dresses and lingerie. Her signature style is very feminine and fluid, as she uses materials such as silk chiffon, charmeuse and georgette. She has a very simple yet striking lingerie collection with a clean, modern aesthetic. The prices are a bit steep, but you are getting handmade pieces with very serious attention to detail.
It's no surprise that Jean Yu was recently commisioned by the Mercer Hotel (NYC) to design a luxurious custom robe for the hotel's guests. This robe is inspired by the classic smoking jacket and is made from double-faced silk charmeuse. It's one of the few Jean Yu pieces you can buy online!

9 fabulous comments:

Scarlet said...

This underwear is pretty sexy but I'm really surprised that they have chosen such skinny models. I'm not sure that it's a good thing at all - most underwear is modelled by thinish girls but I'd say that this is the most extreme example that I've seen on Frou Frou. It's true that bodies come in lots of different sizes but this just surprised me somewhat - am I the only one that thinks that?
Scarlet x

Unknown said...

I agree with you Scarlet, those models are extremely skinny...and they look even skinnier in some of the images I found on their website. I don't know why designers would choose such thin models, because it becomes a distraction from the clothing.
thanks for commenting!
xox

Fashion Moment said...

Thank you for your comment, dear. Of course, feel free to courtesy.
I added you on both of my Lists.

FM~FP

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Hmmm I also agree with Scarlet. It's a shame the models are so thin. You'd think more curvy models would be chosen to sell such sexy underwear.

But despite that, the garments are fab. I especially love that pretty robe!!

Anonymous said...

Love the baby plue dress!

Paula A said...

Scarlet, I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the images. It's such a shame because the lingerie is so pretty but the models detract from the pieces.

Tricia said...

gorgeous! and I agree with all of the above, just too skinny and it does really detract attention from the lovely designs.

me melodia said...

These are lovely!
The skinny girls don't bug me, they're just fleshy hangers.

Averill said...

I can't even see the underwear here for the skinniness. I didn't even know panties could hang like that!