If you find the Frou Frou Fashionista a delightful read, please vote for us on the Delightful Blogs website!
If you have a positive rating for our blog, visit this link.
If you have any feedback, positive or negative, please make mention of it in our Comments section at the end of this post.
We appreciate it!
Saturday, May 24
If you find the Frou Frou Fashionista a delightful read, please vote for us on the Delightful Blogs website!
Wednesday, May 21
In this spread Claudia models lingerie looks from Fifi Chachnil (of course), lingerie line Nuits de Satin, Chantal Thomass, and Dior.
It's a mixture of pin-up and naughty girl (but we're only featuring photos that show lingerie). We just wanted to share how the right combination of lingerie creates something classy, eye-catching and beautiful.
Tuesday, May 20
With news of the Sex & the City: The Movie buzzing all around us, we were eager to see where The Lake & Stars romper would show up...and we found a picture of it on imdb!
As you can see, Carrie Bradshaw is wearing the romper...notice how she layers it with a bra/bandeau to make it work as outerwear?
We miss having such a style-savvy show on TV...thank goodness for repeats!
Monday, May 19
We wanted to let you know that we've re-stocked Faire Frou Frou with new pieces from Belabumbum.
Belabumbum (pronounced 'bella boom boom) is portuguese for "beautiful bottom", and you know that's a perfect name considering how amazing the Copa Boycut Panty makes you look!
This longtime favorite brand (founded in 2001) features innovative cuts and fabrics, imported from Brazil, that accentuate female curves in new ways.
We're just starting to add the new pieces to our online boutique, starting with the Copacabana group. These pieces are all about figure-flattering shapes, and incredible comfort.
Slip into these intimates and channel your inner 'Girl from Ipanema' (you know the bossa nova song...about the sexy girl on the Brazilian beach).
Wednesday, May 14
You've invested quite a bit into your beautiful lingerie collection, and you want to make sure it stays fresh and lovely for years to come. With the proper care, your lingerie collection can remain in gorgeous condition.
We prepared a list of what you should (and should not) do in order to properly clean your delicates. In this post we focus on caring for Silk lingerie...
- Unless an item says “Dry Clean ONLY”, you are able to wash the item yourself (typically a lukewarm hand wash).
- There are a lot of delicate laundry washes available. Probably the best out there is Woolite, and there are other fragrance options available from brands such as Soak, Eberjey, Hanky Panky, etc. You can even use colorless or baby shampoo as a wash - that was first recommended to us by an associate at Carine Gilson's boutique!
- NEVER put your lingerie in the dryer as it damages the item’s elasticity.
- Hand-washing silk will rejuvenate and refreshen the fabric each time you do so. This is one of the many rewarding qualities of silk lingerie. Although it may not be a good idea to wash your silk lingerie too much, it is a good idea to wash it at the first sign of a stain or spill.
- While silk is a very strong fabric, it is delicate when wet so care must be taken with hand washable garments. Using a mild soap, silk wash or colorless shampoo (never detergents or bleach as they will "strip" the finish), soak the garment in lukewarm water for five minutes. Move it about gently, do not wring or twist. Rinse well in cool water to which a teaspoon of vinegar may be added to remove all traces of soap. Roll in a towel to absorb excess moisture and lay flat, straightening out seams. Iron while slightly damp on warm setting. Tailored silk garments such as robes and pajamas require careful pressing in order to maintain their look and dry cleaning is highly recommended. (via Patricia Fieldwalker)
- Styles that can be ironed "flat", such as collarless pajamas and gowns can be hand washed and pressed on the wrong side with a warm iron. If you must wash dark colored or printed silks, wash very quickly in cold water and mild soap. Move continuously and do not soak or colors may run into one another. Rinse with cold water and a little vinegar and lay flat to dry with a towel between layers to avoid colors bleeding into each other. (via Patricia Fieldwalker)
- Like most natural fabrics, silk wrinkles! Run a tub of hot water in your bathroom and hang the garment for an hour or so to eliminate the worst creases. Smooth finish silks like charmeuse, look fresher if pressed with a warm iron rather than steamed. (via Patricia Fieldwalker)
- What NOT To Do:
- Never expose silk lingerie articles to strong direct sunlight. Silk lingerie will fade.
- Never spray perfume or deodorant on silk lingerie
- Never soak silk lingerie in water for a long time.
- Never try to clean a "spot" or soiled area with water.
- Water leaves a ring around the wetted area that even Dry-cleaning may not remove.
Tuesday, May 13
We know that Chantilly lace (or any handmade lace) makes a product considerably more costly to produce and sell, and we figure it must be a labor-intensive process to create it, but we wanted to learn the nitty gritty details of the process.
Monday, May 12
The beauty of ID Sarrieri never ceases to amaze us. The latest collection, referred to as the F7900 group, has a boring name but makes up for it in its eye-catching and sophisticated designs. On our website we refer to this collection online as 'Gray/Lilac Lace' and we currently stock the Triangle Bra, Underwire Bra, Retro Brief and Lace Thong.
The attention to detail on these pieces is stunning. Each item has a barely-there nude mesh base, and over that is a soft gray mesh with Chantilly lace cut-out detailing in a dusty lilac. Each piece has a lilac silk trim that adds that extra polish and a dash of style. Our favorite piece is the Triangle Lace Bra with the wide silk band - just gorgeous!
This collection is truly for those lingerie lovers out there who appreciate beautiful details.
Keep in mind that the photos on the model show only the gray/silver pieces...we only stocked the Gray/Lilac pieces shown on the mannequin photos.
Friday, May 9
We are so happy to share the cutest pair of panties with you! These are the new Brazilian Panties, made exclusively for Faire Frou Frou!
A designer took one of our favorite color combinations of pink & cream and created this 100% supima cotton brazilian panty with a cream grosgrain ruffle trim.
Style and comfort merge seamlessly with this beautiful new product.
Now wouldn't this make such a nice Mother's Day gift?? We thought so too!
P.S. - If you want to see more exclusive collections for Faire Frou Frou, check out the Marissa Babydoll, Girl Short and Sofia Robe in frou-frou Pink (with black trim) .
Labels: brazilian panty
Mother's Day is a great opportunity to say 'thank you', and I would like to do just that. This is a thank you to my mom for encouraging me to follow my dreams, for always lending an ear even when she's tired or busy, and for consistently providing support and the right words when I needed it. For those of you who know her, you will agree that she is generous (to a fault!), loyal, creative and young-at-heart. You also know that my mom is my #1 supporter (and yes, she likes to brag about her only daughter!).
Labels: mother's day
Thursday, May 8
About a week or so ago we posted about our new Smooth & Lift nipple covers, and now we are pleased to let you know about the Bring It Up - Instant Breast Lifts!
We can't tell you how many customers are looking for something just like this - basically, you need this product when you're wearing a halter-style top, or a low-cut top, a backless top, a swimsuit, or a strapless top.
As you can see in the instructional video, the Bring It Up Lifts are applied to the top of the breast and not underneath. They are invisible, waterproof, hypoallergenic adhesive and provide full support without a bra; up to a size D cup!
For larger cup size women over a size D they can be worn with a bra for added support.
This is a great product, and incredibly well-priced at $11 per package (each package contains 3 pairs of lifts, intended for one-time use).
If you're looking for a product that will smooth & cover your nipples, then use the Bring It Up - Smooth & Lift covers.
For more Fashion Forms products, visit our website!
Wednesday, May 7
We continue to receive a lot of phone calls about whether we offer a Bridal Registry service, and we certainly do!
You can come into our boutique and fill out your registry, and there are options for those of you who want to register items that you see online (we are working on a registry for our new website being launched in late Spring). Just give us a call (818-783-4970) or send us an email, and we are happy to help you out!
Labels: bridal registry
Tuesday, May 6
Monday, May 5
We were helping a customer with a vintage photo shoot today and naturally started pulling some of our Fifi Chachnil pieces for a perfect ensemble. One piece that we are loving is the Fifi Chachnil 'A Fleur de Peau' Slip Dress. This little slip is so darn cute and fits like a dream! It has detachable garter hooks, so you can wear it as a slip with your vintage stockings, or you can remove the garter hooks so you can wear as a top.
Here's a little Fifi Chachnil inspiration for you...
Thursday, May 1
Probably one of our most popular gifts so far has been the Sofia Robe (thanks to Daily Candy!). The prices range from $38 to $110, so there's something for every budget.
For an even more budget-friendly gift, we suggest the kai lotion or candle. Prices for kai products range from $22 to $45, and it's a fragrance that almost everyone loves! We suggest a kai product paired with a beautiful bouquet of peonies!
If you have a bit more to spend on mom, within the $150-$200 range, then we have some really cute tunics from Mimi Holliday, and the new arrivals from loungewear designer Dessous.
Now for those of you who really want to impress with a bigger budget item, every mom (or woman for that matter) appreciates jewelry! We suggest the new collection from Safia, which features multi-strand jewelry with semi-precious stone pendants. These necklaces range in price from $315 to $850, and is a great gift for a husband to buy for his wife!
Of course, you can always let mom find the perfect Faire Frou Frou item for herself with one of our gift certificates...
Though most of you have been doing this already, please mention 'Mother's Day' in the comments section of your online order, and we will provide a beautiful complimentary gift-wrap for your gift!
Most of the Christine Vancouver collections that we have carried have been silk/lace trim combinations. This time we received a group that is very new, and quite different; the Trellis collection. We recently received the Trellis Babydoll top and Shorts (as shown in this picture), and they are breezy, light pieces that make the perfect set for those hot summer nights! Made from embroidered 100% silk, these pieces are very feminine and quite sexy. We notice that Christine Vancouver items tend to run on the large side, so no worries about feeling restricted or uncomfortable while lounging.
The babydoll top can also be worn as outerwear - just layer it over a neutral cami and you're set!
Note that the Trellis pieces are not currently available online; just at our Studio City boutique. If interested, please email us.